Our Test Kitchen shares this recipe for tasty Orange Roughy fillets topped with a healthy dollop of cool and colorful Cucumber Salsa. It makes a light and lovely summer entree that goes together in minutes. (You just might want to mix up extra bowls of this summer-fresh salsa for tortilla chip dipping!)
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow summer squash
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon-pepper seasoning
- 6 orange roughy fillets (6 ounces each)
- For salsa, in a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside. Sprinkle lemon-pepper over both sides of fillets.
- Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with cucumber salsa. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Roughy with Cucumber Salsa in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Roughy with Cucumber Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 18, 2011
"This is awesome and cumcuber salsa is great with nacho chips also."