- In a small saucepan, combine the Worcestershire sauce, butter and
- oil; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir in the pecans, salt,
- thyme, oregano and cayenne until blended; cook 3-4 minutes longer or
- until lightly toasted. Cool.
- In another small saucepan, bring the vinegar, lemon juice and
- shallots to a boil; cook for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced
- to 1/2 cup. In a blender, puree red peppers. Gradually stir puree
- into sauce; heat though. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with pepper. Place flour and butter in separate
- shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in butter. In a large
- skillet over medium heat, fry fillets in oil in batches for 4-6
- minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve
- with red pepper sauce; garnish with spiced pecans. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet with about 1 tablespoon sauce equals 799 calories, 57 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 559 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.