Orange Roughy with a Red Pepper Sauce Recipe
A homemade roasted red pepper sauce beautifully tops flaky orange roughy fillets. The pecan garnish adds a bit of crunch.Joyce Mitchell, Kilmarnock, Virginia
- SPICED PECANS:
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- RED PEPPER SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained
- 6 orange roughy or whitefish fillets (8 ounces each)
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- In a small saucepan, combine the Worcestershire sauce, butter and oil; cook and stir until butter is melted. Stir in the pecans, salt, thyme, oregano and cayenne until blended; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until lightly toasted. Cool.
- In another small saucepan, bring the vinegar, lemon juice and shallots to a boil; cook for 8-10 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup. In a blender, puree red peppers. Gradually stir puree into sauce; heat though. Keep warm.
- Sprinkle fish fillets with pepper. Place flour and butter in separate shallow bowls. Dip fillets in flour, then in butter. In a large skillet over medium heat, fry fillets in oil in batches for 4-6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with red pepper sauce; garnish with spiced pecans. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Roughy with a Red Pepper Sauce in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Roughy with a Red Pepper Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review