Orange Roughy Parmesan Recipe
- 1 orange roughy, red snapper, cod or haddock fillet (about 6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, optional
- Dash garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Place fish in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Brush fillet with butter. Sprinkle with salt if desired and garlic powder.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan. Coat fish with bread crumb mixture and transfer to prepared pan.
- 3. Bake at 425° for 12-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 1 serving.
1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 279 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 387 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.