“I’m not a big fan of fish unless it’s fried,“ confides Sherry Fletcher from Highland, Illinois. “But this recipe is so simple and good that it’s become a favorite! It’s also low in fat and packed with vitamin-rich veggies and Italian flavor.“
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 orange roughy fillets (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute the zucchini, onion and oregano in oil for 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Sprinkle the fillets with salt and pepper; place over zucchini mixture. Sprinkle with tomato. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Sprinkle with cheese; cover and let stand for 2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Roughy Italiano in Light & Tasty June/July 2006, p53
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Roughy Italiano
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review