Orange Roughy Amandine Recipe
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 orange roughy, cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash paprika
- 1. Place almonds in a small microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. Place the fillets in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Dot with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over fillets. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 257 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 224mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges:5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat
Reviews for Orange Roughy Amandine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.