Orange Roughy Amandine
Prepared in the microwave, this fancy orange roughy with almonds is ready in no time. “This makes a simple, but very elegant entree,” promises Donna Snyder from Poinciana, Florida.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 orange roughy, cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash paprika
- Place almonds in a small microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on
- high for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place the fillets in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Dot with
- butter and sprinkle with almonds. Combine the remaining ingredients;
- pour over fillets. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5 minutes or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 257 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 112 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 31 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat.