- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 2 orange roughy, cod or haddock fillets (6 ounces each)
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Dash salt
- Dash paprika
- Place almonds in a small microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Place the fillets in a 9-in. microwave-safe pie plate. Dot with butter and sprinkle with almonds. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over fillets. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Orange Roughy Amandine in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p53
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Orange Roughy Amandine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review