Orange Rosemary Sorbet
Add a refreshing finish to any meal with this smooth icy dessert from Bonnie Kinzler of New York, New York. The subtle hint of fresh rosemary lends a delightfully different flavor to the citrusy sorbet.
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling Process: 20 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 to 3 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large saucepan, bring water, sugar and rosemary to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Cool. Strain,
- discarding rosemary. Stir in orange juice and lemon juice. Fill
- cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Allow to ripen in ice cream freezer or
- firm up in the refrigerate freezer for 2-4 hours before serving.
- Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 190 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.