Orange Rosemary Biscuits
The appealing orange and rosemary flavor of these flaky, tender biscuits complements oven-roasted turkey. They bake up beautifully every time.Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk, divided
- Place the flour, orange peel, baking powder, rosemary and salt in a
- food processor; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and
- pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add orange juice and 1
- cup buttermilk and pulse just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly
- floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in.
- biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush
- with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or
- until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 biscuit equals 153 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 21 mg cholesterol, 275 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.