The appealing orange and rosemary flavor of these flaky, tender biscuits complements oven-roasted turkey. They bake up beautifully every time.—Lorraine Caland, Thunder Bay, Ontario
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon buttermilk, divided
- Place the flour, orange peel, baking powder, rosemary and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse to blend. Add butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add orange juice and 1 cup buttermilk and pulse just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times.
- Pat or roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Brush with remaining buttermilk. Bake at 425° for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Rosemary Biscuits in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2010, p138
Reviews for Orange Rosemary Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review