- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maple syrup and confectioners' sugar, optional
- In a bowl, whisk the first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk egg, cheese, milk, orange peel, orange juice, melted butter and vanilla until blended. Add to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened.
- Lightly grease a griddle; heat over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle. Cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and confectioners' sugar. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Reviews for Orange Ricotta Pancakes
"these were nice, next time i am cutting back on the butter..i found them a bit too greasy"
"Sooo moist and good!"
"These were delicious and the whole family loved them. The ricotta adds a great texture."
"These were wonderful, especially since they could be eaten without syrup which i do not eat. good with carmelized ham or bacon. Worth a second try."
"Delicious and light. I used lemon peel and juice, and used a third whole wheat flour. Perfect for a special occasion."