Orange juice, thyme, onion and celery give this dressed-up side dish a nice blend of flavors. It's a pleasant accompaniment to pork chops, Cornish game hens and chicken.—Janice Mitchell, Aurora, Colorado
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2/3 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- In a saucepan, saute celery in butter until tender. Add the remaining
- ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Yield: 4-6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 213 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 484 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.