Orange Rice Pilaf Recipe
This is a delicious and different way to prepare rice. I usually make this recipe whenever I have guests. It makes a fabulous side dish served with just about any entree.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:4-6 servings
- 1 cup diced celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1-1/3 cups water
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a 3-qt. saucepan, saute celery, onion and orange peel in butter until tender but not brown. Add salt. Combine orange juice and water; add to celery mixture. Bring to a boil. Stir in the rice. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 166 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 293 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC