Orange Rice Medley Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1. In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add rice; stir until lightly browned. Add broth, orange juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 137 calories, 1g fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 252mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Orange Rice Medley
"This tastes great and looks so nice. My family really enjoys this dish. My boys have asked for the recipe to make at college, because it is so easy to make and not to exspensive."