My family especially enjoys this lovely, slightly sweet side dish. It looks so pretty with the harvest colors of chopped green and red peppers and orange slices tucked in with the rice. -Zita Wilensky, North Miami, Florida
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and coarsely chopped
- In a saucepan over medium heat, saute onion and peppers in oil until tender. Add rice; stir until lightly browned. Add broth, orange juice, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in oranges. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Rice Medley in Taste of Home October/November 1996, p33
Reviews for Orange Rice Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 17, 2010
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2009
"This tastes great and looks so nice. My family really enjoys this dish. My boys have asked for the recipe to make at college, because it is so easy to make and not to exspensive."