Orange Rhubarb Sauce Recipe
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Vanilla ice cream and/or pound cake
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Yield: about 2 cups.
1/4 cup: 149 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Orange Rhubarb Sauce
"Orange rhubarb sauce is very good and one we'd make any time we could. The only part to leave out would be the tapioca, as some of my family is allergic to it. Other than that, it's delicious and definitely a keeper."