This recipe is a fun combination of oranges and rhubarb that's sweetened with sugar and thickened with tapioca. It's shown here served over vanilla ice cream and a slice of pound cake. Pat Burnley - Lancaster, PA
Recommended: 5 Do-able, Delicious Menus for Mother's Day
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Vanilla ice cream and/or pound cake
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Orange Rhubarb Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p66
Reviews for Orange Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2010
"Orange rhubarb sauce is very good and one we'd make any time we could. The only part to leave out would be the tapioca, as some of my family is allergic to it. Other than that, it's delicious and definitely a keeper."