This recipe is a fun combination of oranges and rhubarb that's sweetened with sugar and thickened with tapioca. It's shown here served over vanilla ice cream and a slice of pound cake. Pat Burnley - Lancaster, PA
- 2 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- Vanilla ice cream and/or pound cake
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, sugar, water and tapioca; let stand for 15 minutes. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Stir in oranges; heat through. Serve with ice cream or pound cake. Yield: about 2 cups.
Originally published as Orange Rhubarb Sauce in Simple & Delicious May/June 2009, p66
Reviews for Orange Rhubarb Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review