Orange Rhubarb Bread Recipe
I love rhubarb and this bread is great anytime—for a breakfast treat, a dessert or especially at a tea party with your favorite friends. —Vevianna Schrock, Silverton, Oregon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2/3 cup finely chopped fresh rhubarb
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Fold in rhubarb and walnuts.
- 2. Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
1 slice equals 128 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 81 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC