Orange Refrigerator Cake Recipe
This refreshing dessert will disappear in a hurry at your next get-together. "My mother used this recipe more than 60 years ago, but she called it 'Icebox Cake' because we didn't have a refrigerator," recalls Marietta Martin from Brazil, Indiana.
- 1 package (4.6 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 loaf-shaped angel food cakes (10-1/2 ounces each)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. Prepare pudding according to package directions; set aside. In a small sauce-pan, sprinkle gelatin over orange juice; let stand for 1 minute. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir into pudding. Add orange peel. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until cooled.
- 2. Cut one angel food cake in half width-wise. Save one half for another use. Cut remaining half into eight slices. Cut second loaf into 16 slices.
- 3. Arrange half of the cake slices in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Fold whipped cream into pudding; spread half over the cake slices. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight or until set. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Orange Refrigerator Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC