Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins Recipe
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1. Combine raisins, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Combine the topping ingredients and spoon 1 teaspoonful into 12 greased muffin cups. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg, milk, honey, butter and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with raisin mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; invert pan onto a lightly buttered foil-lined shallow baking pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 253 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins
"We substituted Craisins for the raisins. We tried various ways of making over the recipe (doubling the topping, mixing the raisin part with the muffin part) but it is perfect just the way it is! :)"