Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins Recipe
These finger-licking muffins have the appeal of old-fashioned sticky buns without the fuss of yeast dough. Their delightful blend of flavors comes from walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and sunny orange zest. They're a sure morning eye-opener and a treat anytime. -Sandi Ritchey, Silverton, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- 1. Combine raisins, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Combine the topping ingredients and spoon 1 teaspoonful into 12 greased muffin cups. Set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg, milk, honey, butter and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with raisin mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; invert pan onto a lightly buttered foil-lined shallow baking pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 253 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC