These finger-licking muffins have the appeal of old-fashioned sticky buns without the fuss of yeast dough. Their delightful blend of flavors comes from walnuts, raisins, cinnamon and sunny orange zest. They're a sure morning eye-opener and a treat anytime. -Sandi Ritchey, Silverton, Oregon
Recommended: 40 Recipes You Won't Believe Are Dairy-Free
- 1/4 cup chopped raisins
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons grated orange peel
- Combine raisins, sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Combine the topping ingredients and spoon 1 teaspoonful into 12 greased muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt. Beat egg, milk, honey, butter and orange peel; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Spoon 1 tablespoon of batter into the prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with raisin mixture. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 375° for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 5 minutes; invert pan onto a lightly buttered foil-lined shallow baking pan. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins in Taste of Home October/November 1999, p29
Reviews for Orange-Raisin Sticky Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 11, 2010
"We substituted Craisins for the raisins. We tried various ways of making over the recipe (doubling the topping, mixing the raisin part with the muffin part) but it is perfect just the way it is! :)"