- baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and allspice; add to
- the creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each
- Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans. Bake at
- 350° for 28-32 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the
- center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese until light and
- fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and pie spice; beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping and pumpkin.
- Cut each cake horizontally into two layers. Place bottom layer on a
- serving plate; spread with a fourth of the filling. Repeat layers
- three times. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with caramel topping.
- Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 slice equals 609 calories, 26 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 74 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 88 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.