Orange Pull-Apart Coffee Ring Recipe
This coffee ring is an old family recipe that's long been a hit with anyone who's tried it. The yeast bread is a great Sunday treat - or the perfect way to kick off your holiday celebration.
- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 to 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, divided
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm milk. Add the sugar, egg yolks, butter, salt and 2 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).
- 2. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 3. Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 pieces; shape into balls. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and orange peel; set aside 2 tablespoons.
- 4. Dip balls in melted butter; roll in remaining sugar mixture. Arrange in a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup almonds. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 5. Sprinkle with reserved sugar mixture and remaining almonds. Bake on lowest oven rack at 350° for 38-42 minutes or until golden brown (cover loosely with foil if browning too quickly). Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece: 356 calories, 13g fat (6g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 293mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pull-Apart Coffee Ring
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC