Orange Pull-Apart Bread
"The recipe for this appealing breakfast loaf came from my sister, who's an excellent cook," relates Kristin Salzman of Fenton, Illinois. "Brushed with a sweet orange glaze, the bread is so popular I usually double or triple the recipe."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Open tube of crescent rolls; do not unroll. Place on a greased baking
- sheet, forming one long roll. Cut into 12 slices to within 1/8 in.
- of bottom, being careful not to cut all the say through. Fold down
- alternating slices from left to right to form a loaf.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Combine
- butter, honey and orange peel; brush over the loaf. Serve warm.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 204 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 336 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.