Orange Pork Stir-Fry Recipe
"My family really enjoys this colorful stovetop supper that's lower in sodium than typical stir-fries," writes Wilma Jones of Mobile, Alabama. "We have it often on weekends instead of going out for Chinese food."
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound pork tenderloin, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup julienned sweet red and/or green pepper
- 1 small onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled, sectioned and halved
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set juice and pineapple aside. In a bowl, combine brown sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the broth, lemon juice, soy sauce, lemon peel and reserved juice until blended; set aside.
- In a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, stir-fry pork for 3-4 minutes or until mat is no longer pink; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, stir-fry pepper, onion and garlic in oil for 3-4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir the broth mixture; add to vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Return pork to the pan. Add orange pieces and pineapple; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pork Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p48
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Orange Pork Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Pork Tenderloin Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Pork Recipes >