Orange Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. Cut roast in half; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate, honey, cloves and nutmeg; pour over pork. Cover and cook on high for 2 hours. Reduce heat to low and cook 6 hours longer or until meat is tender.
- 2. Remove meat to a serving platter; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking liquid; pour liquid into a small saucepan. Combine flour and cold water until smooth; stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast. Yield: 8 servings.
6 ounce-weight: 256 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 0g fiber), 21g protein .
Reviews for Orange Pork Roast
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.