Orange Pork Chops Recipe
I'm constantly on the lookout for ways to "spice up" a standard dish. When I fixed these pork chops for the first time, my husbandwho has a hearty appetite for down-home cookingcommented, "You can make this anytime!"
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium navel orange
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 cup orange juice
- In a large skillet, brown chops in oil on both sides. Add water, paprika, and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer about 35 minutes, turning once.
- Meanwhile, grate peel from the stem end of the orange, then cut six slices from the other end. Set aside. In a saucepan over medium-high, combine 1 tablespoon peel, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in juice. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the orange slices; cover and remove from the heat. Serve chops with sauce and orange slices. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pork Chops in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p184
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Orange Pork Chops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >