In our area, olives, walnuts, pomegranates and oranges are grown locally, and I love using them in recipes. I include all four ingredients in a simple but refreshing romanine salad.
- 8 cups torn romaine
- 1 can (15 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2/3 cup canola or olive oil
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- In a large bowl, combine romaine, oranges and walnuts. Place oil, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, salt and mustard in a jar with a tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour desired amount over romaine mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds. Refrigerate remaining dressing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Orange Poppy Seed Salad in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p107
Reviews for Orange Poppy Seed Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2016
"What a delicious recipe! I did cut the recipe in half for the two of us and substituted pecans for the walnuts. We really enjoyed this salad and I'll definitely be making it again!"