Orange-Poppy Seed Coleslaw Recipe
This coleslaw is crisp and crunchy with a refreshing orange dressing. My family likes it served with pot roast. —Nancy Latulippe, Simcoe, Ontario
- 3 cups finely shredded red cabbage
- 1 celery rib, thinly sliced
- 1 medium orange, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cabbage, celery, orange and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup equals 62 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC