Orange Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 can (6 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray. Combine the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle evenly in pan. Pour batter into pan.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Combine glaze ingredients until smooth; drizzle over cake. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece: 247 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (0g sugars, trace fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Orange Poppy Seed Cake
"I made this cake, and love it! Than I gave pieces to several friends, and to my Mom. Everyone I gave it to thought it was wonderful. I will be making it again - soon !"