Orange Pineapple Marmalade Recipe
This sweet citrusy marmalade from Stephanie Heise of Rochester, New York is perfect for spreading on English muffins or biscuits. It also makes a delicious housewarming or hostess gift.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Cook: 10 min. + standing YIELD:32 servings
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- 2. Grate outer peel from oranges and set aside. Peel off and discard white membrane from oranges and section the fruit; discard any seeds. In a food processor, combine orange peel and orange sections; cover and process until orange is in small pieces.
- 3. In a wide-bottomed microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and orange mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer (edges will be bubbly); stir. Microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly in center; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer; stir. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 5. Cover and let stand at room temperature 4 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen marmalade in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 104 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, trace sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC