Orange Pineapple Marmalade Recipe
- 2 medium oranges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- 2. Grate outer peel from oranges and set aside. Peel off and discard white membrane from oranges and section the fruit; discard any seeds. In a food processor, combine orange peel and orange sections; cover and process until orange is in small pieces.
- 3. In a wide-bottomed microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and orange mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer (edges will be bubbly); stir. Microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly in center; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer; stir. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 4. Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- 5. Cover and let stand at room temperature 4 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen marmalade in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Editor's Note: This recipe does not use pectin.
2 tablespoons: 104 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 0 sodium, 27g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Orange Pineapple Marmalade
"If you search long enough, you will find it!!I DID!This is exactly what I was in search for, but didn't have the exact measurements or process.And, I just might 'dabble' a bit!!!Thanks StephanieKitzer"
"i would like a simple recipe like this just using oranges. Does anyone have one?"