- 2 medium oranges
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Rinse four 1-cup plastic containers and lids with boiling water. Dry thoroughly.
- Grate outer peel from oranges and set aside. Peel off and discard white membrane from oranges and section the fruit; discard any seeds. In a food processor, combine orange peel and orange sections; cover and process until orange is in small pieces.
- In a wide-bottomed microwave-safe 2-1/2-qt. bowl, combine the pineapple, sugar, lemon juice and orange mixture. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer (edges will be bubbly); stir. Microwave for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until mixture is bubbly in center; stir. Heat 2 minutes longer; stir. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Immediately fill all containers to within 1/2 in. of tops. Wipe off top edges of containers. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour.
- Cover and let stand at room temperature 4 hours. Refrigerate up to 3 weeks or freeze up to 1 year. Thaw frozen marmalade in refrigerator before serving. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Orange Pineapple Marmalade in Country Woman July/August 2003, p40
Reviews for Orange Pineapple Marmalade
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2012
"If you search long enough, you will find it!!I DID!This is exactly what I was in search for, but didn't have the exact measurements or process.And, I just might 'dabble' a bit!!!Thanks StephanieKitzer"
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2010
"i would like a simple recipe like this just using oranges. Does anyone have one?"