Pineapple and cinnamon complement each other in this warm beverage from Roxanna Colon of Norco, Louisiana. "With pretty orange slices, this fruity drink is a favorite at holidays," she says.
Recommended: 22 Best Mocktails: Fresh, Fizzy & Not-Too-Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 medium navel orange, sliced, optional
- Additional cinnamon sticks, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the water, juices and sugar until sugar is dissolved; add the cinnamon stick. Heat through. Serve warm or transfer to a pitcher and chill until serving. Garnish with orange slices and cinnamon sticks if desired. Yield: about 2-1/4 quarts.
Originally published as Pineapple Orange Drink in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p12