Orange Pineapple Dessert Recipe
"This fluffy salad goes over well at church dinners and potlucks," relates Shirley Radtka from Massillon, Ohio. "I've shared the recipe many times."
- 2 packages (.3 ounce each) sugar-free orange gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 16 ice cubes (about 3 cups)
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained and cut into pieces
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1. In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add ice cubes and stir until slightly thickened. Remove any unmelted ice. Stir in pineapple and oranges. Stir in sour cream until blended. Fold in whipped topping and cake cubes until well coated. Spoon into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish; cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 18 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC