Orange Pineapple Delight
A spoonful of Pat Coauette's pudding, with its pineapple and coconut flavor and sunny orange color, is a sweet reminder of warmer climates. "This is especially good in summer because it's so refreshing," she writes from Crookston, Minnesota.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (0.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough
- water to reserved juice to equal 3/4 cup. In a saucepan, combine the
- pudding mix, milk powder, orange juice and juice mixture. Cook and
- stir until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir
- in coconut extract. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows until
- melted. Fold in pineapple. Transfer to four individual serving
- dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish with whipped
- topping and coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2/3 cup) equals 204 calories, 2 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit, 1 fat-free milk, 1/2 starch.