A spoonful of Pat Coauette's pudding, with its pineapple and coconut flavor and sunny orange color, is a sweet reminder of warmer climates. "This is especially good in summer because it's so refreshing," she writes from Crookston, Minnesota.
Featured In: Top 10 Trifle Recipes
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 1 package (0.8 ounces) sugar-free cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 2/3 cup nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1/2 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 4 teaspoons flaked coconut, toasted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. Add enough water to reserved juice to equal 3/4 cup. In a saucepan, combine the pudding mix, milk powder, orange juice and juice mixture. Cook and stir until mixture comes to a full boil. Remove from the heat; stir in coconut extract. Cool for 5 minutes. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Fold in pineapple. Transfer to four individual serving dishes. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Garnish with whipped topping and coconut. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Orange Pineapple Delight in Light & Tasty February/March 2004, p33
Reviews for Orange Pineapple Delight
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review