Orange Pineapple Chiffon Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; make a well in the center. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until thicken and lemon-colored. Beat in the orange juice, oil, water, vanilla, and orange and lemon peels. Pour into well in dry ingredients; beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert cake; cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan; remove cake and place on a serving platter.
- 3. For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, shortening and butter until smooth. Spread over top of cake. Spoon pineapple over icing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pineapple Chiffon Cake
"This was a delicious cake that stole the show at out bridge game. It is a little "fussy" to make, but well worth the effort. I didn't bring any home. I am not a pineapple fan so I just used a powdered sugar glaze with fresh orange juice and orange zest."
"I have made this receipe several times. A long time ago you could purchase the Orange Chiffon Cake mix in the stores. But no longer. This is a delicious recipe if you like Angle Food Cake. When I make this cake I make the frosting and add orange zest with a couple tablespoons of frozen orange juice. I frost the cake and then I brown 1 1/2 cups of coconut in the oven and press into the frosting. The orange cake with the orange frosting is delicious and your guest will ask for your receipe."
"This is a lovely cake all by itself, but the scrumptious icing with pineapple makes it even lovelier."
"This is absolutely wonderful.. My father loves Orange Chiffon cake and they dont sell it in the stores anymore. I am thrilled to have found this. Thank you."