Orange Pineapple Chiffon Cake Recipe
This cake recipe was given to me by my sister-in-law many years ago. It's deliciously light in texture, compatible with any meal and makes a beautiful presentation for special occasions. -Ann Pitt, Mountainside, New Jersey
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 7 eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1. Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt into a large bowl; make a well in the center. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until thicken and lemon-colored. Beat in the orange juice, oil, water, vanilla, and orange and lemon peels. Pour into well in dry ingredients; beat with a wooden spoon until smooth. In a bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add cream of tartar; beat until stiff peaks form. Gradually fold into batter.
- 2. Transfer to an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 325° for 55-60 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert cake; cool completely. Loosen cake from sides of pan; remove cake and place on a serving platter.
- 3. For icing, combine the confectioners' sugar, shortening and butter until smooth. Spread over top of cake. Spoon pineapple over icing. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 361 calories, 15 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 197 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pineapple Chiffon Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC