Orange Picante Pork Chops Recipe
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, orange juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve chops with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 pork chop with 3 tablespoons sauce (calculated without rice): 216 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 444mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (3g sugars, trace fiber), 27g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 4 lean meat
Reviews for Orange Picante Pork Chops
"I can not grill so I put them in an 8 x 8 dish and put the sauce on top covered it and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. It turned out great and moist!"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.