- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick and 5 ounces each)
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the picante sauce, orange juice and garlic. Pour 1 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill pork, covered, over medium heat or broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring reserved marinade to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until heated through. Serve chops with sauce and rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Orange Picante Pork Chops
Sort By :
I can not grill so I put them in an 8 x 8 dish and put the sauce on top covered it and baked it at 350 for 30 minutes. It turned out great and moist!