Orange-Pecan Pork Roast Recipe
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. In a skillet, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add the marmalade, pecans and cinnamon; cook and stir until marmalade is melted. Spoon over roast.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 1-3/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving equals 285 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 52 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.