Orange Pecan Muffins
Our neighbors often give us oranges from their trees, so I revised this muffin recipe to make use of this delicious and vitamin-rich fruit.
18 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large oranges
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Set aside. Remove
- the peel from two of the oranges. Cut all the oranges into eighths
- and remove seeds; puree in a blender or food processor If
- necessary, add enough water to puree to equal 2 cups. Stir oranges,
- eggs, oil, cereal and pecans into the dry ingredients. Blend only
- until mixed. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 375° for
- 10-25 minutes. Yield: 18 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 237 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 333 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.