Orange Pecan Muffins
"The ladies in my church circle really enjoy the refreshing orange flavor of these moist muffins," comments Amelia Nowack, Peshtigo, Wisconsin. "We like all the raisins and crunchy pecans, too."
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium navel oranges
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4-1/2 cups raisin bran
- 1 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda and salt; set aside.
- Remove peel and white membrane from three oranges; cut all four
- oranges into eight wedges. Place in a blender or food processor;
- cover and process until pureed. Measure 2 cups of puree (discard
- the remaining puree or save for another use). Add puree, eggs and
- oil to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in cereal
- and pecans. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths
- full. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins test
- done. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 232 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 334 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.