Orange Pecan Muffins Recipe
Our neighbors often give us oranges from their trees, so I revised this muffin recipe to make use of this delicious and vitamin-rich fruit.
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 large oranges
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4-1/2 cups raisin bran cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine first four ingredients. Set aside. Remove the peel from two of the oranges. Cut all the oranges into eighths and remove seeds; puree in a blender or food processor If necessary, add enough water to puree to equal 2 cups. Stir oranges, eggs, oil, cereal and pecans into the dry ingredients. Blend only until mixed. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 full. Bake at 375° for 10-25 minutes. Yield: 18 muffins.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Muffins in Country April/May 1992, p51
Reviews for Orange Pecan Muffins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review