Orange-Pecan Icebox Cookies Recipe
These crisp cookies have a nice orange flavor and are chock-full of pecans, but the aren't overly sweet.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. YIELD:72 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange juice, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into four 5-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 65 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 41 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC