These crisp cookies have a nice orange flavor and are chock-full of pecans, but the aren't overly sweet.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, orange juice, orange peel and extracts. Combine the flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into four 5-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 6 dozen.
Originally published as Orange-Pecan Icebox Cookies in Country Extra January 2005, p49
Reviews for Orange-Pecan Icebox Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review