"This cookie is pure heaven with a glass of milk," writes Eleanor Henry of Derry, New Hampshire. It has a subtle orange flavor and just a sprinkling of chopped pecans throughout.
Recommended: The Best Cookies for Dunking
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, orange juice and peel. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in pecans. Shape dough into two 11-1/2-in. rolls; wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- Unwrap; cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheet. Bake at 400° for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 6 dozen.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Cookies in Quick Cooking December 2000, p55
Reviews for Orange Pecan Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 20, 2016