Orange Pecan Chicken Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- Romaine leaves, optional
- Assorted crackers, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pecans and celery. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Fold in orange sections. Serve on individual lettuce-lined plates with assorted crackers. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 496 calories, 35g fat (6g saturated fat), 92mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Orange Pecan Chicken Salad
"Substituted drained, canned mandarin oranges for fresh orange and used low-fat mayonnaise to lighten it up. Will toast pecans next time to heighten the flavor and can use less."
"My family thought it was a great summer dinner salad."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.