This salad is so easy to put together and makes a wonderful salad to bring to a church supper or get-together.—Barbara Bird, Scottsmoor, Florida
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium orange, peeled and sectioned
- Romaine leaves, optional
- Assorted crackers, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, pecans and celery. Combine the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and pepper; pour over salad and toss to coat. Fold in orange sections. Serve on individual lettuce-lined plates with assorted crackers. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Orange Chicken Salad in Country Woman November/December 2004, p10
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Orange Pecan Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review