Orange Pecan Waffles Recipe
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3 waffles.
1-1/2 waffles (calculated without syrup) equals 572 calories, 41 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pecan Waffles
"Easy enough to double the recipe for more people. I didn't have any club soda, so I used carbonated lemon-lime water instead. Worked out fine!"