Orange Pecan Waffles
"Served with butter and our wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup, these waffles go great with bacon or sausage on the side," says Ruth Harrow of Alexandria. "Sometimes I put them together with scrambled eggs and bacon for a terrific breakfast sandwich."
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda
- until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 waffles (calculated without syrup) equals 572 calories, 41 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.