Orange Pecan Waffles Recipe
"Served with butter and our wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup, these waffles go great with bacon or sausage on the side," says Ruth Harrow of Alexandria. "Sometimes I put them together with scrambled eggs and bacon for a terrific breakfast sandwich."
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- 2. Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3 waffles.
1-1/2 waffles (calculated without syrup) equals 572 calories, 41 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 106 mg cholesterol, 800 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Orange Pecan Waffles
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC