"Served with butter and our wonderful New Hampshire maple syrup, these waffles go great with bacon or sausage on the side," says Ruth Harrow of Alexandria. "Sometimes I put them together with scrambled eggs and bacon for a terrific breakfast sandwich."
- 1 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup club soda
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped pecans, toasted
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in club soda until smooth. Gently fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated 7-in. waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 3 waffles.
Originally published as Orange Pecan Waffles in Cooking for 2 Fall 2007, p39
Reviews for Orange Pecan Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 8, 2011
"Easy enough to double the recipe for more people. I didn't have any club soda, so I used carbonated lemon-lime water instead. Worked out fine!"